Length of Program
2 years, full-time
Patient Contacts/Training Hours
To graduate, you must complete 92 hours of clinical training at Bastyr Center.
In addition to clinical training, you also must complete a total of 300 hours of paid work or volunteer experience in clinical nutrition, food service management and community nutrition.
Bastyr University malpractice insurance is in effect for MSN/DPD students (at no cost to students) during the course of their program.
For food production-related courses, students may be required to purchase a lab apron ($20) and a chef knife ($50), which are available in the university bookstore.
Prior to beginning clinical training (i.e., Clinical Nutrition Practicum 1 & 2), students are required to complete the following.
- Criminal background check: $70
- Tuberculosis (TB) testing: $10-$120
- Hepatitis B immunization: $150-350 for entire series, or submit a waiver
- CPR certification: $60 for students
The following costs are associated with applying for supervised practice programs/dietetic internships.
- DICAS fees: $45 for first program and $20 for each additional program
- DnD Digital computer matching fee: $55
- Application fees for dietetic internships: $75-$125 per program
Tuition and Financial Aid
Speak to an advisor today to learn more about tuition costs or to find out about our financial aid programs!